1YEAR OLD COMBI BOILER NEEDING NEW HEAT EXCHANGER?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help. I had a Glow worm Betacom 24 combi boiler installed in Jan 09 - the system was flushed on installation. I have now been told the heat exchanger has been irrepairably damaged by sludge and will need replacing - does this sound feasible after 1 year?

Sponsored Links
This is cowboys favourite almost as famous as an ideal as installed by the warmfront monkeys

The chances are the boiler was not put onto a clean system and now the heat exchanger is clogged up with sludge and magnetite,get someone in who knows what they are doing and they can clean out this boilers and stick a magnaclean or spirovent on the system to stop anymore crud getting into the heat exchangers

You say the system was "flushed on installation">

What do you think this means?

The installer is responsible for fitting the boiler to a clean system. Clearly he did not do that!

You need to call him back to power flush the system and clean/replace the blocked heat exchanger.

If he will not come then get a compoetent engineer to do the work, give you a report and then you can claim the cost from the installer in the county court.

Was he gas registered?

Did he complete the Benchmark Certificate?

What flushing did he do?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Please Tony,this sounds like budget job done in no time do you really think the benchmark or anything else was sorted,lets be realisitic how many of thee types of intstalls have you been out to

As soon as i get a call for this boiler i know its going to be done on shoe string budget and every corner in the world will have been rounded forget just cut !!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back