Heat exchanger leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been advised that my heat exchanger for a glow worm compact 75p combi boiler is leaking and needs replacing. Does anyone please know the part number for this particular model. i have been quoted around £350 plus vat and about £100 to install, is that around about right or could i get it cheaper. i have no idea how much these things cost to buy or install, should i get a new boiler?

Sponsored Links
The heat exchanger part nnumber is 2000801167 (E26-650) He's charging a bit more than I would but it's not too bad.

It's up to you wether you think a new boiler would be more cost effective, did he give you a quote for that too? If so how much and what boiler?

If it was me i'd replace the boiler but expect to at least double the bill.

Thanks for the swift reply Andy Gasman much appreciated
He explained the differnt types of boilers and quoted around about £1800 to supply and fit a new worchester green star condensing 30S1 boiler which he beleived to be the best type with glow worm middle road and then some cheaper makes that you can get around £600 to £700 but not very good, do you recomend any makes.
I am going to do a bit more research, in meantime we have isolated to boiler by switching a valve at the back of boiler as i am due to go on holiday for a week later today, the wrong time for the boiler to start leaking. i will have to sort it all out when i get back.
Thanks again

Best thing to do would be your own research and make your choice. His advice sounds ok to me but some guys would put glowworm well ahead of Worcester. All depends who you ask! I'd have a look at Vaillant too, they'd be my choice.

Sponsored Links
i think british gas do a one problem repair all in for £180 odd. might be worth checking them out.

I doubt that BG would repair this one tho they would want to power flush, new boiler magnaclean etc etc £4,000??! :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back