2.25 Inch Downpipe??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I need to replace a section of my gutter downpipe. It's the square plastic type. I bought a length of 65mm pipe with a connector but found that it was too big - turns out my downpipe is 2.25inches (it says so on the pipe itself - I should have checked).

Anyway, having searched the internet, I can't find 2.25inch downpipe anywhere - does anyone have any ideas?

The reason for this work is that the pipe or possibly the drain that the pipe leads to has become blocked with leaf debris. The pipe fills with water and overflows the gutter (I can tell my knocking the pipe with my hand that it's full of water). The pipe runs into the ground (concrete) so I think my only option for unblocking it, is cutting the pipe, clearing the blockage and then replacing the removed section with a small length of new pipe and couple of connectors.

Perhaps, I'd be better off cutting the pipe closer to the ground and sticking an inlet hopper with grid to collect any future debris?

Any help/ideas would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Squareline gutter and downpipe varies slightly in size between different manufacturers, not all is compatible with others.....

Personally I would cut at ground level initially, and check the underground run is clear. It may be the pipe runs to a soakaway, which for whatever reason, has now ceased to function. If the underground is clear, and will happily take a few gallons of water from a hosepipe then problem may lie in the downpipe. If you cut it at the base, then you should be able to dismantle the entire assembly and clean it out.

Fitting a gulley at the base is not a bad idea, particularly if the gutter is prone to collecting moss, leaves etc. Gulley will collect any debris prior to it getting into the drain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back