2.5mm versus 4mm flex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Requiredd 4mm and 2.5mm flex for an oven and hob. Got it from an electrical supplier, the 2.5mm was printed on one flex, but just the "heat/butyl" code on the other something like "H05 2v2v", but no cable size.

I can "barely" distinguish the difference betwen the cable when I look at it ... should it be "really" obvious, or is it tricky to distinguish. Don;t want to end up putting 2.5 in if that;s what I've nbeen sold??

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
OK - does anyone have the CCC of 2.5mm flex (just in case). The hob is 6.5kw, so max current is 28A?

Buytl is 25A max, you could bite the bullet and take it back. Or if you have a micro scale and they are identical lengths, weigh them,

Then you would be better using 6mm² flex or
30A fuse/32A breaker and 4mm².

This may not be required but you will not be able to test and verify.

I had deduced from the OP's previous posts that he is not an electrician and so would not have the required knowledge and hence would not have the required equipment.

I could be wrong about the equipment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back