2 gang switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a ceiling light with conventional rose. I have installed a spot light and I want to switch this independantly from the ceiling light. I have intstalled some 3core+E wire to a new 2 gang switch. I have a live feed taken from the existing rose which I want to send back as 2 swiched lives. One going back to the existing rose for the ceiling light and the other to a new rose (in the loft above the ceiling rose). I have picked up a neutral for the new rose from the exisiting one. I then plan to run a +ve and -ve from the new rose to the spotlight. In the 2 gang switch I have 2 commons, 2 L1 and 2 L2. I have put the live feed to one of the commons and linked it with a short piece of wire to the other common i.e. both are now live and connected the 2 switched lives to the two L2's. It all works but the switch works upside down. Do I have to connect the L2's (or L1's) and use the commons for the switched returns. Does this makes sense?
TIA

Sponsored Links
turn the switch up the other way much easier :LOL: (or use L1 's instead of L2's)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back