2 hours to fix a toilet leak

Sponsored Links
And if the bathroom had a coloured suite then what would you do. Im really getting the feeling that you dont work in peoples homes as a plumber but at the end of the day Im willing to agree to disagree on the matter.

Sponsored Links
just out of interest , was it 2 hours on site including any time travelling to collect the part , if not , then @£80 hour £32 to go and pickup the part and return to site
maybe

Also was it an identical part to the one in screwfix , make etc ?

Sorry but you've been ripped off. How much is a new toilet , around £100? It would have been easier to throw old and fit new one, don't use him again. It won't take more than 2 hours to fit new one, a good plumber would do in 1 hour.

£80 + VAT is too high, are you in central London?
so what about the possible new flooring and redecorating or do you think all toilets are the exact same size ?

Amount of times i have left the house and said to mrs see you soon its a straight forward job i wont be long . few hours later you get back home everything that should have came apart hasnt and your doing your best not to break something

Amount of times i have left the house and said to mrs see you soon its a straight forward job i wont be long . few hours later you get back home everything that should have came apart hasnt and your doing your best not to break something
Yep, and the lady is standing there with arms crossed and giving you THAT look! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Were you there? If it was all straight forward and easy then yes an hour is doable however if every nut, bolt and screw was rusted with cistern stuck to wall and pan stuck to floor in a room slightly wder than the cistern width then I doubt I could do that in one hour.

I don't have a dog in this "fight" but if the nuts and bolts for the cistern were rusted, if you used a box spanner to loosen them, wouldn't the bolt snap? It has been ages since I fitted a close couple toilet but I thought that the donut coupler had bolts with square heads to stop them spinning. BTW, if I am wrong, please do correct me. One of things that I love about this site is that people who know more than me correct me as required.

See below:

https://www.pimlicoplumbers.com/rates

Come on Yartin, what do you think?

Andy

There was someone on this forum a couple of months ago that was (from memory) charged about £500 by Pimlico to swap put a hob extractor (that the home owner supplied). The clown even managed to damage the existing cabinets and was seemingly only on site for a handful of hours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back