2 lights 1 switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

i am after some help with installing a 1 gang switch in to 4 ceiling roses in my attic.

I have already installed the cable from the consumer unit to the first ceiling rose, then a cable to the 1 gang switch, and another cable to the next unconnected light in the circuit. It looks like the diagram below.

http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/lights_and_switches.htm

don't panic the wire isn't connected to the consumer unit yet so no chance of a nasty shock!!

All the diagrams i have seen on the net are 1 gang 1 way, so every light has its own switch.

I could really do with a simple diagram for the wires going in to the 1st ceiling rose, and in to the second..........

Any help would be appricated.

thanks

Ben

Sponsored Links
You'll find a diagram for what you're doing here under the heading 'How to connect two lights to the same switch'.

Hello,

i am after some help with installing a 1 gang switch in to 4 ceiling roses in my attic.

I have already installed the cable from the consumer unit to the first ceiling rose, then a cable to the 1 gang switch, and another cable to the next unconnected light in the circuit. It looks like the diagram below.

http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/lights_and_switches.htm

don't panic the wire isn't connected to the consumer unit yet so no chance of a nasty shock!!

All the diagrams i have seen on the net are 1 gang 1 way, so every light has its own switch.

I could really do with a simple diagram for the wires going in to the 1st ceiling rose, and in to the second..........

Any help would be appricated.

thanks

Ben

Are you aware that this work is notifiable to your LABC under Part P of The Building Regulations due to the fact that you are connecting a new circuit to your consumer unit.

Sponsored Links
How do you know it's a new circuit? He might be connecting into an MCB already in use....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back