2 LIGHTS FROM 1 SWITCH REQUIRE 2 LIGHTS FROM SEPARATE SWITCH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The hall and utility lights work off one switch and come on together when the switch is pressed. I want them to run of a 2 gang switch fed by the single live feed so that they can be switched on independantly of each other,I have run a separate cable for the hall light and tried to connect it but only the kitchen light will work .

Sponsored Links
Took a jump from the com of switch 1 to switch 2 wired brown to that jump and blue to L1

Sponsored Links
Blue in one side brown out the other side Sorry its not my forte as u can probably gather .

So you have basically connected L1 in the switch via the blue wire, to the neutral of the lamp?

And the brown from COM in the switch to the live in the lamp?

This is wrong, it will never work. There are no neutrals at that switch. Beware, as you have wired it, the lamp has a Live, but no neutral.

What you need to do is to take the blue out of L1. Put the brown there. Leave the COM link in. The brown is then a switched live.

However, this leaves you with no neutral. Cant help you there.

Please study the diagrams I showed you in those links, and you should be able to work out a way to wire your lamps up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back