2 Myson Kickspace Heaters on 15mm Feed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I have 1 Myson 800 Kickspace heater fitted in my bungalow kitchen on part copper, part plastic 15mm flow and return pipes which run directly to the boiler through the loft.
Has any body ever fitted 2 of these heaters onto a supply like that?
If so how were they connected to the Flow And Return pipes, in series (outlet of 1st to inlet of 2nd) or in Parallel (Boiler Flow pipe split to both inlets)?
Was the resulting heat output worth it?
Did the fans cycle on & off a lot because the flow temperature fell too low?
If so what was the boiler set point?
Some Info from a real life installation would interesting as I am thinking about doing this.
Cheers
Ian

Sponsored Links
You would take a dedicated flow/return to each.
Unfortunately 2 number 800 units = 5.2kw more that 15mm feeds are rated at.
If you used a 500 unit at 1.4kw your just in limits tho not ideal if flow /return in plastic.

Hi Exedon,
Thanks for your reply.
If I did fit a second 500 unit, to extract the maximum out of the 15mm feed, should it be connected in series or parallel with the existing 800 unit.
The Set point on my boiler is low at 50degC, would that be high enough to run both heaters?
Would I be better off raising the set point to 55 or 60 deg to extract more out of the existing 800 unit?
The rest of the house is warm enough its just the Kitchen Diner that is a bit cool.
Cheers
Ian

Tee flow into 2 feed to each heater likewise for return as in normal 2 pipe for radiators.
As for flow temperature may be give it a try!
Do you intend controlling the fan convectors via there own room thermostat?

Sponsored Links
I intend to let the internal stats control the fans, so when the exit temp of the kickspace heaters is above 38deg(?) the fan runs.
I have a wiser control system installed, but the kickspace heaters are not controlled, they get heat any time the boiler runs (as in A Bypass Rad).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back