No return on 2 heaters.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Can someone help me please? I am getting a new boiler fitted. I currently have 2 radiators that are supplied by 10mm plastic pipe. I have another 4 15mm piped rads. All the 15mm are one side of the house and work fine. The 2 10mm rads have flow to them. I can feel the pipe hot. Both rads have no heat in them and the return for both is cold.
Would I be able to solve this by running 2 new returns?
I might add rads are 2 years old. Piping is about 23 year old.

Sponsored Links
It may be a balancing issue, in that the water has less resistance from the 15mm pipework and favours that route, try turning all the 15mm fed rads off and see what happens.
Or, sometimes, people extend their houses, and builders bang in long runs of 10mm pipe, and it never works properly, as the pipe resistance is too great.
Has it ever worked properly?
Could the pump be failing?

The rads used to work. 1 in dining room went cold and the other in the toilet was working after that but gradually went colder and now both have no heat at all.
The run is only about 7m to dining room and toilet one is 3m.
I'm getting a power flush with new boiler. You think this will solve issue or cause more with the new boiler?

If they have trv’s fitted, remove heads and see if the pins move freely.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back