2 new Radiators not heating up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently replaced two radiators in two of the bedrooms. The house has a combi system.
The radiators along with the TRV and lock shield are all new. Since replacing these, they never warmed up whilst the rest of the house does. The tail pipes were also cold.

I then bled the air out of the radiator and this instantly had the TRV end of the rad warming up. I stopped once water started seeping out of the bleed valve. This was the case with both radiators. Since then, they have both stopped working again. The TRV's are set to max and I haven't altered the position of the lock shield valve.

Can you please advise. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Do I turn the lockshield clockwise to fully open this?

Also, any ideas on how I delete a Post? This question got posted twice.

Sponsored Links
Spot on guys!
When I fully opened the lockshields (they were already partially opened), the radiators immediately heat-up.

When I bled the radiator prior to opening the lockshield, it had cold water seeping out. After doing the above, the water seeping out was hot.

I have since turned back the lockshield slightly.

Does the above suggest that he lockshields are on the flow pipe and TRV on the return?

What explains the cold water I had in the radiator before fully opening the lockshield?

What explains the cold water I had in the radiator before fully opening the lockshield?

If the lockshield is on the flow or return but not letting any flow through then the radiator would be cold. Unless you drew off many bucketfuls of water through the bleed valve it would still be cold.

It is easy to check which pipe is hottest/gets hot first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back