2 out of 5 radiators not heating

Ok. So I shall experiment tomorrow , my boiler in upstairs bathroom so should I start with upstairs rads and then down ? And should I put them on max ? Also the other knob on the rad that doesn’t have a thermostat thing doesn’t move , is that normal and does that turn off rad ? … I just thought we have a wall thermostat downstairs set at 25 , how is that connected ? Thank you so much anyone who can advise me

*Another question , we have our hot water set to bone on twice daily , do I need it on all the time for the rads to work ?

So sorry I’m a pain , I just know nothing about this stuff

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
the order you try this is up to you, the first thing is to close off the TRV for the three warm ones down to minimum temperature. if all the others at least warm up a little bit then it is just a balance of the flows to be done.

Last edited:
Ok so I turned all the rad thermostats off and only left on the ones which were not working. 2 came on , they took a while to get hot but they did in the end . It is just this one that never came on
IMG_0227.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Nothing gets warm , the valves don’t turn or am I doing something wrong

* this rad when I was bleeding then had a leak , I thought I’d closed the tap and left the room and came back and my floor was soaked , would this have anything to do with it? This rad has never worked though even before that

So I got the screwdriver and on the radiator with no thermostat I turned both knobs with the pliers anticlockwise and did the same to the non thermostat knobs on the others and yay I have heat , but have I done this correctly ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back