2 port valve not opening

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an SVM 1802 that isn’t doing its job. When the thermostat is calling it doesn’t move.
If I bang it a couple of times it then comes to life. Is this the head or the value at fault?

It does manage to close ok once the heating has reached the set temperature.

Sponsored Links
Probably the head, but hard to be certain without doing more tests. You need to take the head off and see whether there is any stiffness in the valve itself, and also observe whether the head operates correctly with no load on it

There is no stiffness in the valve. If I take the head off and set the thermostat to call nothing happens unless I bang the head a couple of times.
Is it worth taking it apart to see if anything can be done or is it best to find a new one? This model seems to be hard to find though, do you know of other brands that will fit on the valve?

Sponsored Links
Sorry yes it is SZM
O thanks, that valve is what is called MOMO means motor open motor off, most are motor open spring return so you can not use another actuator, they are readily available though just google sunvic SZM 1802

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back