2 questions

roofrack said:
I think JohnD has it sussed.
;) ;)

I reckon it's the mixer tap at fault and would prefer to fit a better one (or make the builder provide and fit one under warranty). I suspect it may be a ceramic disk-type tap, probably from Italy, and a UK approved one would be better. But I'm no expert.

You could fit non-return valves to make up for the bad tap, but this doesn't seem like the right solution to me.

If you find your main stop-cock, the cold water will stop. There may be a valve on the cold water supply to your cylinder that will turn off the hot supply (ths valve may be on a pipe coming out of the bottom of the cold-water tank in the loft); if not, once you've turned off the main stop-cock, you can drain the tank in the loft using the bath taps (bit wasteful).

Sponsored Links
You have a working service valve, so there's no point in replacing it.

You have a faulty kitchen mixer tap - replace it.

ok.
i thought the service valves would only let water travel one way, my mistake.

Will get new taps and probably try through the builder first
we will see how that goes!
Cheers folks

roofrack said:
Will get new taps and probably try through the builder first
The builders I know are not renowned for their plumbing expertise. :eek:

Sponsored Links
I stand corrected.

Its not the service valve that needs replacing, just ad a check valve in to stop backflow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back