2 Quotes for new heating - what option should I choose - advice appreciated

Sponsored Links
Bernard, who says you need to run a cylinder rated at 24kw for one hour. Recovery rate is quoted as cylinder getting to 70% or some such figure in quoted time which is quite small at 12, 15, 17 or some number of minutes. Does the boiler need to supply 24kw for the full duration? No it does not. Does the boiler need to deliver 24 guns when cylinder is cold? Yes it does

The boiler does not NEED to deliver 24 kW to heat up the cylinder.

It can absorb 24 kW when the water is cold but can equally accept a lower power of say 12 kW but will just take twice the 12,15 or 17 minutes.

Timed for water to be heated for 30 minutes before the central heating enables the cylinder to be fully heated at the beginning of the day. It is then reheated as required during the day with whatever excess power is available from the boiler.

Whilst individual hot water consumption will vary, the standard calculation figure is 50 li per person per day or less.

Am I the only one who went on the energy efficiency course?

energy efficiency course?
and did you actually learn anything doing this course ? ( if u can call it a course ) when i did it , an exam paper was put under my nose then i completed it then went home with the golden ticket :rolleyes::ROFLMAO: wondering what the fook that was all about :rolleyes: .

edit , and that was 3 months ago

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back