c.h. controls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, wonder if anyone can give me some advice regarding central heating controls please.

I have a Vailant Ecotec 624 plus system boiler & unvented cylinder. I have at present got a basic Honeywell ST699 programmer and a room stat, which are wired. My question is this: I would like to reposition the room stat from its present position (in kitchen) as it is not working efficiently, but cannot get it to where I want it due to it being wired. I would like a wireless system and have seen the Honeywell Sundial RF2 pk 2 which would include a programmer and a room stat. Would it be possible for me to change the existing programmer with the wireless one, and will this be compatable with Vailant boilers. As I have got Honeywell at present, I presume Honeywell controls will be ok to use with Vailant, but confirmation would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone in anticipation. :confused:

Sponsored Links
if you are going wireless go to vaillants wireless controllers the 392 or the 430....

Hi, and thanks for the quick reply. I would go for the Vailant controls, in particular, the 392, however the boiler is in a cold unheated utility room and the 392 is a programmable room control, which monitors the temperature in that room. If I were to put in where my existing programmer is, the boiler would be constantly on. The reason why I asked about Honeywell is that I have them now, and figured that the new programmer would be able to use the backplate already there. Maybe I am wrong about that, I dont know. What I was planning to do was replace the programmer which is in the utility room, and have the room stat at a more suitable location, perhaps in the hall where there is plenty of air flow, and people moving about. In the Kitchen, when cooking, and heating on, the room stat switches off, and I then have to go around turning up thermostats on the rads in other rooms, and when the kitchen has cooled down from cooking, that room is cool, and the others are too hot.

However, I know Honeywell are a good make, and I have had them in previous houses, so its very much a case of stick with what you know. However, do you know whether it is possible to interchange these? Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Thanks doitall, I was hopeful that Honeywell would be ok, but do you happen to know whether the wireless rf2,pk 2, would be interchangeable with the ST699 backplate please. As this is already wired in to the boiler is it just a case of replacing one with the other? Many thanks.

No, you will need to rewire it.

You have all the same connections but different numbers.

Old wires first.

7 - 1 Hot water off.

6 - 3 Hot water on.

3 - 4 heating on.

Ask first if any doubt.

Thanks doitall, you have been very helpful in your advice, if I need to ask any further questions, would you mind helping?

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Hi, and thanks for the quick reply. I would go for the Vailant controls, in particular, the 392, however the boiler is in a cold unheated utility room and the 392 is a programmable room control, which monitors the temperature in that room.

They do a wireless version - the 392f.

Hi everyone,

I started this thread in November, about whether I could use a Honeywell Sundial RF2 Pk 2 with a vailant ecotec plus system boiler and unvented cylinder. Thanks for all the replies, I have had this fitted recently, but I am not sure if it is wired correctly.

Could anyone who either has one of these fitted, or who fits them advise me as to whether on the programmer display a flame should show on the hot water side when the hot water is on, and a flame should show on the heating side when the heating is on, and when both heating and hot water are on together, should there be two flames showing. I believe they should, but would be grateful for clarification.

The reason for my question is at present, my hot water is not getting very hot when heating and hot water are on together, and there is only one flame showing - on the heating side, when I use hot water only, the flame on the heating side comes on. When I use heating only, the flame shows on the heating side (which I would expect), and I do not know if this is correct.

My husband thinks it may be a sticking motorised valve, but we are not sure if it could be this, or if the programmer has been wired incorrectly.
At present I cannot get hold of the installer, and I would be grateful if anyone could give me some help in the meantime.

Thanks in advance to everyone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back