Controller replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Have a Y plan honeywell system, with a ST699 controller.

Am considering replacement with one of these - a combined controller and wireless room stat (dont have a room stat currently).

http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/...l_Radio_Frequency_Heating_Control_Pack_2.html

It says it is compatible with many industry standard backplates.. anyone know if it will plug onto a ST699 backplate please?

Thanks!

EDIT: "a wireless enabled programmer the ST9420C and a wireless thermostat the DT92E"

Sponsored Links
The ST699 does not have the industry std back plate and will require a rewire.
There may well be instructions contained with the kit.

Sponsored Links
BTW will be fitting this to work with a old ideal mexico 2 boiler which is running fine.. i assume it doesn't matter what the boiler is, but is that a fair assumption?

Doesn't matter which boiler. If you are comfortable doing a bit of wiring it won't be difficult to change over. The will be instructions on how to wire it up and which terminal is which, compared to the ST699. It you are not confident with this then better not to touch it.

Thanks again!!

I read the instructions and there is a equivalent wiring table for the ST699 so it looks fairly straightforward.

Seems like a good controller too so i may go for that i think.

Cheers.

Has anyone fitted one of these controller/wireless stats - my existing controller st699 is a bit suspect (programs come on outside of the timed times) and so i don't mind spending a bit to replace both controller and install a stat at same time, but want to make sure i invest in a good un..

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back