Controls for new heating system (WB 30cdi + Megaflo)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,

We're looking forward to having our new system installed, but have a question re the controls.

In our last house, we had a wired Honeywell room thermostat (with a combi), which allowed us to chase the desired temperature at different times of the day, e.g:

0600-0800 21C
0800-1700 18C
1700-2200 21C
2200-0600 16C

Our installer has suggested Honeywell's RF2 pack (Wireless enabled programmer (ST9420C) and Wireless room thermostat (DT92E)), but on reading the manual it doesn't look like the above is possible - only on/off at different times of the day with the room stat set to one specific temperature.

Are my thoughts correct? If so, could you recommend a different way of controlling the system to allow me to set different temperatures throughout the day?

I wondered whether the CM927 wireless room stat (which does have the capability to change the desired temperature throughout the day) would work with the ST9420C.

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

LCB.

Sponsored Links
With the pack 2 you set the times with the controller.

But the Pack 2 is a dual channel set up. Not what you need. As you have found the 921 or 927 are better suited.

I would reassess your installer - if he doesn't know the difference between the packs, then I worry.

I wondered whether the CM927 wireless room stat (which does have the capability to change the desired temperature throughout the day) would work with the ST9420C.
Neither the ST9420C nor the Pack 2 are necessary.

The CM927 will give the required time/temperature control for central heating and a separate single channel timer, e.g Honeywell ST9100C, located near the cylinder can be used for HW times control.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back