2 rads still wont work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wrote some time back re the 2 rads i fit in conservatory, still nt working,
all the rest in house are fine - the one i teed of from is hot but cannot get flow to both of the new ones i have had a plumber in- changed pump didnt work then changed back, turned off all rads in house except one teed off from to try and push water through - nothing except aired.
put hose on drain end and opened - water flow very good from tank in loft.
its in new pipe 10mm plastic with no apparent blockages.
Plumber recommends leaving heating on all night to try "and drag " the hot through, he says there could be air traped ( i cannot see it been that )
PLEASE HELP

Sponsored Links
who put them in?
I have seen D I Y'ers tap in to one pipe only for extra rads if this has been done they will be trying to run them from the return,
also 10mm pipe should not be used for long sections as heat loss is rapped from 10mm,
if you are not sure email me

Sponsored Links
horace1 said:
It is run from 2 pipes in-out 10mm pipe is approx 3mt run each pipe?

has it been taped in just below one rad?
or taped in to the flow and return pipes?
has it just had T joints put in if so it is not in the circuit it is like a spur and is installed wrong..
I'm in west yorkshire if you need me to check it out go on to my profile and you can email me

Sorted it - yes i did tee into each pipe just draged hot water through and run it off.
Thanks if i have any more probs i will e-mail you. i am in Bradford

do u have a one pipe system or a two . is the existing rad piped up in 15mm or 10mm and is the pipework dropped down the wall or is it below the floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back