New Radiator in loft not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently installed a new rad in my loft that refuses to heat up.

I have done all the usual of bleeding, fully opening valves ect..

I have an Ariston Euro Combi boiler installed on the ground floor that feeds the upstais rads first then the down stairs.
The rads have trvs fitted except the one in the bathroom. The loft radiator is the 3rd in line from the boiler teed of the main flow and return all run in 22mm then reduced to 15mm at the rads.

Any ideas ...

Sponsored Links
Height shouldn't make any difference on a sealed system as long as the pump is up to it.
Try balancing all your rads.
This should help :D

We've seen a few with ptfe stretched over a rad valve union, and valves stuck shut or broken.

Sponsored Links
Rads In loft update.

All workinh fine now. :D

Had a massive air lock.

Note bleeding a rad this high up won't release the air trapped in the vertical pipes. You need to remove the rad valves and open into a bucket. :D

Air cannot be trapped in a verticle pipe. Air will naturaly rise to the top. Air would be trapped here because the 'horizontal' run is does not permit self purging to a high point like a radiator.

neither should u have to remove rad valve....just open the drain valve u fitted ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back