2 ring mains connected to each other

No problem John. Although it is probably more or less an exclusively Irish test I believe it is not without merit. Erroneous connections between neutral conductors could also be carried out (although not a recognised test) although this would obviously involve a degree of disconnection and reconnection.

Sponsored Links
No problem John. Although it is probably more or less an exclusively Irish test I believe it is not without merit. Erroneous connections between neutral conductors could also be carried out (although not a recognised test) although this would obviously involve a degree of disconnection and reconnection.
Indeed, it sounds like a perfectly reasonable test. Although that method would pick up high-impedance 'erroneous connections' between circuits, that is probably extremely unlikely, 'direct (low impedance) 'erroneous connections' (much more likely, due to 'wiring errors') could also be detected by the 'observational' method (confirming that opening each MCB de-energises the circuit in question).

Kind Regards, John

Although that method would pick up high-impedance 'erroneous connections' between circuits, that is probably extremely unlikely
I suppose if we consider the likes of singles snagging in galvanised trunking etc. it mightn't be as unlikely as it might appear at first glance.

Sponsored Links
I suppose if we consider the likes of singles snagging in galvanised trunking etc. it mightn't be as unlikely as it might appear at first glance.
Obviously not impossible - but I still would have thought very rare/unlikely.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back