2 way 3 gang , 2 switch locations Space in the housing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
thanks for taking a look, any help will be greatly appreciated.

I am installing a lighting circuit in my kitchen, It has 3 separate lighting circuits. Ceiling lights, feature light and some wall lighting. I want to use a 2 way 3 gang switch.

Wiring the switch for the three circuits is simple enough and I am happy with a single switch.

My problem kicks in as I want to control from 2 locations.

Running the three feed and switch lives with earth and three 3 core and earth links to the next switch..... How am i supposed to get the cables. 15 cores + 6 earths into a single switch housing....

Is there an easier way which reduces the number of cables being crammed in..?

Sponsored Links
You could save a few wires by only running one live to the switch but it's not worth it.

Just use a deep back box and arrange the cables so they enter in the correct order.

Sponsored Links
I am assuming there are 2x 3 gang switch drops.

With a JB in the middle, you could just get away with 4 cables at either switch. But then your JB may be concealed, which is not ideal.

I am happy with a single switch.

My problem kicks in as I want to control from 2 locations.

These two statements seem to contradict?

Or am I missing something?

3 gang: 3 switches in one unit.
I am happy with the single switch operation for each circuit but as I need a link for each switch to control each circuit from 2 locations that makes three additional cables...... that leads on to my query if i could reduce the quantity of cores.

Hes probably just following orders

Following orders from Whom?

I did consider one live and 2 links, I wont rule that out as the space is limited. I suspect a deeper box is probably the most sensible options...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back