3 gang 2 way & 2 gang 2 way with 2 seperate lamps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys Im wondering if anyone out there can advise me as Ive got myself in a mucking fuddle!! :LOL: Basically I am wanting to control my upstairs landing lights and downstairs hallway lights from both locations. Upstairs I am going to have a 2 gang 3 way switch to operate the bathroom, landing and hallway. Downstairs I will have a 2 gang 2 way switch to operate the hallway and the landing. I have run run 2 core & earth from the switches, lamps and mains to 2 seperate junction boxes (where I want to do my switching) I know I need to link the 2 switches with 3 & earth. A nice diagram would be much appreciated as I just cant get my head around it. Its probably really simple but Im struggling.

Sponsored Links
I have run run 2 core & earth from the switches, lamps and mains to 2 separate junction boxes (where I want to do my switching). I know I need to link the 2 switches with 3 & earth.
Are you moving the switches?
Are your landing and hall on the upstairs or downstairs lighting ring?
Or are all your lights on one ring?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back