2 way bedroom switch change to 1?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i want to get rid of my pull switch in my bedroom and use the one on the landing. i've took the pull switch of and theres a red,black and earth wire do i put these in seperate positions in my 10amp 4 terminal junction box? sorry if theres a topic on this and thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I expect if you only have Red, Black and Earth ie Twin and Earth then the cable may already go back to a separate junction box.

If so you might be able to remove the cable to the switch easily (depending on location)

Not counting the earth, any 2 way switch requires at least three wires.

Are you certain you have true two way switching, or some effort where one switch has to be on for the other one to turn the light on or off?

Sponsored Links
sparkwright said:
-- any 2 way switch requires at least three wires -- or some effort where one switch has to be on for the other one to turn the light on or off?

Or, worse, has some idiot used the earth wire as one of the three? :eek: :eek: :eek: How many wires were actually in switch terminals. :?: :?: :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back