2 way speaker switch?

L

longdogs

Hi all.
I've just popped over from the other side......plumbing.

I want to switch between the stereo speakers that I've just fitted in my bathroom ceiling and the speakers in the bedroom with the mini hi-fi.

I've looked at 2 way speaker switches but they seem a bit expensive for the simple function that I need. Is there any reason why I can't use a 2 way light switch instead? - wiring the three +cables together with a terminal block and then wiring the -cable from the stereo into the const terminal and the other two -cables into terminals 1 & 2.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Think I'm about to answer my own question. Stereo wouldn't work would it? I was looking at it as an electris current. Maybe 2 gang switch though?

You'll need a 2 gang switch and, if the speakers are very low impedance, you'll need to use a switch with low contact resistance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back