2 way switch problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please help.i need to change an old 2 way switch in my hall that serves 2 lights from different positions,with a new double 2 way switch with l1 l2 comm x 2 on the rear.problem is the old switch has on the rear 2 separate blocks with the left one : red wire in 1top of block. black wire in 1c bottom of block ,marked ( intermediate 2way) the other block has.red and blue wire in 1top of block. red and yellow wire in 2top of block and red wire in 1c bottom of block marked ( intermediate 2 way ) i have changed all the others with no problems ,but this one has stumped me. :!:

Sponsored Links
So your new switch terminals are labelled L1, L2 & COM, and your old switch terminals are labelled 1, 2 & C.

Can't you spot the equivalence?

Do you mean that the switch says 'intermediate'? Are there two other switches that operate this circuit?

Send us a pic of the connections of the old set up and the rear of the new switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back