2 X 10.5kW showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 10.5 kW shower installed & want to install a 2nd one (same power ) in my new shower room. There is a 100A service fuse & my 8 way CU has a 100A isolating switch.I intend to add a 4 way CU to accommodate the new shower but wondered if running 2 X 10.5kW would put to much demand on my incoming service or are there any other problems I would experience.

Sponsored Links
if both are used at the same time, there is a good chance the service fuse will blow. keep doin it and youll be charged. just make sure there not both used at the same time. or just stick with the 1 shower

andrew2022 said:
if both are used at the same time, there is a good chance the service fuse will blow. keep doin it and youll be charged. just make sure there not both used at the same time. or just stick with the 1 shower

no it wont

10500 watts /230v = 45.6 Amps

so 45.6 x 2 =91

still not a good idea to have them both on though.

not to mention lack of water :LOL:

breezer said:
andrew2022 said:

no it wont

10500 watts /230v = 45.6 Amps

so 45.6 x 2 =91

still not a good idea to have them both on though.

not to mention lack of water :LOL:

i was thinkin 2 showers AND usual house stuff on the ring mains could blow it

Sponsored Links
Just about do it on those figures then as long as you don't want to put the light on........

Is it a 100amp service fuse or service head??

Many heads are fitted with 60 or 80 amp fuses. (some cottages have only a 40amp!)

I believe you can buy a device that prohibits both being on at the same time. It may even be a regulation.

CathalX said:
I believe you can buy a device that prohibits both being on at the same time. It may even be a regulation.
2NO2NC contactor

you would have to wire in a contactor for each shower, so that if either were on, it cuts supply to the other.

but as i said just dont mention the water

Thank you all for you prompt replies. I thought I might be pushing it using both showers @ the same time. Sadly you have confirmed that.

breezer said:
you would have to wire in a contactor for each shower, so that if either were on, it cuts supply to the other.
And what happens when both showers are turned on and power is restored after a cut?

No - it's just that I spent quite some time once trying to design something like that, and it all worked fine, apart from the race condition if both were on when power was restored - never did find a solution using contactors.

sorry i thought you were being pedantic.

I will give it some though

My guess is that you would probably have to add some kind of logic into it to sense this and to decide which one to run, unless (and this is quite difficult to explain)

near each shower you had a pull cord switch, this pull cord switch worked a DPDT contacter, the first pole of this would switch common to NO allowing the shower to work, however common is fed from NC on the second set of contacts on the other contactor, I could draw a diagram if it would help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back