2 Zone central heating (System Boiler) - Quote & advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've recently bought a house a looking to upgrade the central heating from an old (but unbreakable) IdealMexico boiler. There is a decent, modern pressurised cylinder which currently heats overnight from immersion heaters. its 4 bed detached, I'm wanting to get a new system boiler to feed around 10 radiators (all with TRVs) and (in a couple of months/years time) underfloor heating. I've been trying to get some quotes in but decent tradesmen seem to be rather busy at the moment.

A guy came yesterday and emailed his quote today, i need two zones for the heating (upstairs and downstairs) as the temperatures are hugely different and causing issues currently. I'm not fully in-the-know about these things so just want to make sure his quote makes sense and does what i need.

The guy said it would be difficult to get the two zones indepently timed from the boiler and that the best thing to do would be to make two loops with independant thermostats on. His quote states a 30kw Worcester Bosch system boiler (which seems a little OTT but hey ho..) . Quote then states '2 x two port valves with thermostats to make a 2-zone system', a DT20 programmer and then all the rest to link to existing cylinder and heating system - tested and signed off etc...

For anyone who understands these things better that I do, is this a decent way to do it and what exactly do these port valves and thermostats do and how would the system work?

Any help/advice would be hugely appreciated...

Cheers

Sponsored Links
So, just to be clear, you want to replace a perfectly good Ideal Mexico with a Wooshitter Botch? You must be mad. Keep the Mexico, you'll be better off all round

The 2-port valves and thermostats will provide individual control of upstairs and downstairs, which is what you want if I understand your post correctly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back