2021 Budget points

NHS nurses get a 1% pay rise in the budget!

Oh, hang on ...View attachment 225338
We all know how important nurses are but so are the rest of hospital staff... There is a realisation now how important bin men, delivery drivers, cleaners are Those working in the food industry, those working in super markets. . (I've always known this)
The police , firemen, Plumbers, Electricians
Water Hygiene engineers. And so much more.... what singles out the Nurses for a pay rise for doing their job.
Most nurses are brilliant and do a good job. But through all this they have been paid a wage with good pension benefits and sick pay.

There's people out there who have struggled financially, with their mental health and having to home school their kids.

Some don't have jobs anymore some don't know if they have jobs.
There's not many jobs more secure than a Nurses job.

Sponsored Links
I think I can see a pattern here....

"Conservative MPs cheered as the tally of a key vote was read out in Parliament, showing they had defeated Labour's attempt to force the Government to lift the pay cap on public sector wages.

That is very true. I don't expect they got much either!

Opinion from Twitter

"The Tories gave £22 billion to their mates at Serco for a failed ‘Test, Track & Trace’ system, but allocated only £4 billion to their ‘levelling-up’ fund."
Mark Adkins @MarkMyWordsNews

"Dont forget: Serco's CEO is the brother of a former Tory MP. His partner is a Tory Party donor, & Serco's former top spin doctor is the Tory Minister for Health.
In Oct 2020 the Opposition tried to vote T&T funding to go to local public health teams instead. Tories voted it down."
Jez Squires @jezsquires

"In the pandemic the government has given almost £2 billion in contracts to companies who have donated money to or are closely linked to the Conservative Party.
But it will give no pay rise to NHS and other key workers who have risked their lives to keep us safe." David Lammy @DavidLammy

This level of corruption is usually only seen in banana republics. We need to be careful, before America and the UN decide to take control of our dangerously corrupt government.

Oh, don't forget to clap for the NHS when Boris next tells you to.

I think I can see a pattern here....

"Conservative MPs cheered as the tally of a key vote was read out in Parliament, showing they had defeated Labour's attempt to force the Government to lift the pay cap on public sector wages.

Non of those buggers deserve a pay rise either. All a bunch of hypocrites

Sponsored Links
"Shares in listed housebuilders have leapt after chancellor Rishi Sunak used today’s Budget to extend the stamp duty holiday on house purchases for three months more than expected.

Sunak had been widely expected to use today’s speech to extend the existing holiday for purchases of up to £500k until the end of June – and he duly delivered. However, he surprised the market by deciding that purchases of up to £250k in value will be exempt all the way through until the end of September."

https://www.housingtoday.co.uk/news...rge-after-stamp-duty-surprise/5110730.article

In totally unconnected news,

"The Tories have received more than £11m from property developers since Boris Johnson became prime minister, an investigation has found.

The revelation comes amid a donor scandal that threatens the career of the housing secretary, Robert Jenrick.

Concerns have been raised about the apparent increased influence property developers have over the Conservative government. Their contributions make up nearly a quarter of the £47.5m in donations received by the party from last July to March, up from 7.9 per cent of the total two years ago."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ris-johnson-conservative-donors-a9588381.html

I've been working throughout both lockdowns I'm not getting a pay rise at all..

I've been working throughout both lockdowns I'm not getting a pay rise at all..

Well done you have been one of the lucky ones. But good on you
Can you tell the audience your contribution to the country.

Well done you have been one of the lucky ones. But good on you
Can you tell the audience your contribution to the country.

Look after back up electricity sites and fire pumps and anything else with an engine in which backs up sites like the NHS, national grid, data centers, broadband sites, logistics sites...

I am very lucky and think of myself as such, I know first hand friends and family that have lost their jobs and the struggle for them is real. I'm in no position to complain about lack of pay rise, nor the ammount of work load I have had to endure, I count my chickens most days that I've still got a job and are able to keep a roof over my head.

That said I'm not facing possible death everyday,

Look after back up electricity sites and fire pumps and anything else with an engine in which backs up sites like the NHS, national grid, data centers, broadband sites, logistics sites...

I am very lucky and think of myself as such, I know first hand friends and family that have lost their jobs and the struggle for them is real. I'm in no position to complain about lack of pay rise, nor the ammount of work load I have had to endure, I count my chickens most days that I've still got a job and are able to keep a roof over my head.

That said I'm not facing possible death everyday,

Brilliant .... Good luck to you

Hospitals could not function without the like of you...

I've spent time in hospital thus year... so thank you for all your hard work and commitment to others and this country.

Sponsored Links
Back