20mm Quartz Worktop unsupported

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for advice on a quartz worktop please.

We have a worktop area thats around 250cm long by about 105cm deep. The units are arranged to make a 'U' shape that results in an unsupported area approx 35cm deep by 150cm long and thus the worktop is supported along the long side and at the ends across its full depth just leaving the 35cm deep by 150cm long section unsupported. This is an area directly behind the hob cutout leaving a strip of approx 16cm across 85cm in length.

We are yet to have the worktop surveyors out but my concern is that over such a wide span will 20mm tops be sturdy enough? particularly with two children in the house who I know will be leaning on the breakfast bar.

Has anyone experience of such an installation or the strengths of 20mm quartz tops, the top we want to use in a Quartzform product

(link removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Based solely on some knowledge of fitting gramite and concrete tops I think I'd be happier having solid tops in all the units to ensure adequate support. What advice have you had from the suppliers/fitters?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back