22mm Bypass valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Our flow and return from to/from the boiler in the garage to the airing cupboard where the pump is, is 28mm pipework.
I want to fit a bypass valve so that in winter, when the frost stat in the garage triggers the pump, the water can still circulate even if CH and HW are not calling.
The question is could a fit a 22mm bypass valve for this purpose or must it be a 28mm which is quite a lot more expensive ?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
hope your frost stat triggers the boiler as well as the pump ??

Many thanks for that and yes it does trigger the boiler too.

It is quite a powerful boiler though. British Gas RD1 3100

Sponsored Links
I dont see a 29 kW boiler as particularly powerful!

If the boiler is fitted on a Y plan then there is no need for the bypass as one circuit will always be open. If its on an S plan then it should already have one.

If the boiler is fitted on a Y plan then there is no need for the bypass as one circuit will always be open. If its on an S plan then it should already have one.

lets hope anyone fitting a system with a frost stat would have the sense of mind to use an s plan. Same goes for fitting a pipestat. Imagine...a y plan and no pipestat, that could be annoying ... :p

lets hope anyone fitting a system with a frost stat would have the sense of mind to use an s plan. Same goes for fitting a pipestat. Imagine...a y plan and no pipestat, that could be annoying ... :p

You clearly forget the genius of BG :LOL: I wouldnt put anything past the salesman, fitter or sparky.

You clearly forget the genius of BG :LOL: I wouldnt put anything past the salesman, fitter or sparky.

No very true, or the lack of genius of half the installers out there. Fitted a good half a dozen pipestats last winter, sure i'll be fitting a few more this year. Easy money really, so i shouldnt be complaining :p

No very true, or the lack of genius of half the installers out there. Fitted a good half a dozen pipestats last winter, sure i'll be fitting a few more this year. Easy money really, so i shouldnt be complaining :p

Theres a whole estate near scunthorpe that has frost stats on Y plan with no pipe stat. Only came to light 2 winters back when they couldnt turn the heating off for weeks :LOL:

Theres a whole estate near scunthorpe that has frost stats on Y plan with no pipe stat. Only came to light 2 winters back when they couldnt turn the heating off for weeks :LOL:

nice work for you then. stick a quote in and walk away . Just tell em to put the hot water on before they go to bed, at least they wont get hot then :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back