24CDi Worcester boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of things, i moved into my house about 6 months ago and everything was fine but lately i don't always get hot water? also can anyone please simply explain how to set the timer clock or point me in the right direction to find the info somewhere, i have already checked the worcester web sites and cannot seem to find these instructions anywhere, thanking you all in advance...

Sponsored Links
the hot water diaphragm is probably stretched and not making the switch everytime. not long before you wont get any hot water at all.

replacing the diaphragm is a straightforward or nightmare job depending on who you listen to. might be quite pricey as well depending on how long someone wants to spend on it.

if your timer is the integral one with an lcd display and a few buttons below it then the instructions are the same as in this link.

http://www.invensyscontrolseurope.c...B28-54E2A7F60534/0/LPrangenewInstructions.pdf

Sorry for the following description of the timer its the best i can do! its round with lots of little bits that can be pushed out! do you know what i mean?

Do you think the problem can be fixed by my dad who is quite handy or will i need to get a professional out?

Thanks, Stace.

Replacing the diaphragm is the easy bit. Its the accessing it that is the nightmare. I don't take on Worcester repairs do to this awkwardness. Some engineers that work on then all the time may have ways and the knowledge to do it quickly and easily. I would certainly not recommend diy on this boiler ;)

Sponsored Links
no offence but i think your dad would struggle to replace the diaphragm. best to phone around and get someone to give you a price for doing it. if they have done it before they should be able to give you a rough price as they will know whats involved. you had better take a seat as most will want to replace the entire diverter valve which isnt necessary but gets done anyway.

just dont phone dave cos he wont do it apparently :LOL:

the clock is easier than i thought. the little tabs can be pushed in or out depending on what times you want the heating on or off. push out for on, in for off. twist the whole lot round to the right time as well.

Would I be better off calling my gas supplier "sounthern elec" to send out an engineer to have a look at the problem?

Can anyone help on the timer prob?

Stace.

Brilliant Thanks Nick! I will look at the timer tonight, wish me luck! I didn't mention this but although i am not getting hot water all the time my heating is working? does your diagnosis for the problem remain the same?

yes still the same.

if you find you dont get any hot water when the heating is off then the diaphragm is probably holed and the heating is providing the hot water demand. may keep you going until you get it fixed.

Okay, I guess i will need to call out an engineer then! Thank you, this is the first time i have ever used a site like this and it has proven to be really useful!

Worcester do a fixed price repair including bits for £185. If they replace the dv then it is good value. I always recommend this to my customers. Worcesters are a marmite boiler, you either love em and can fix em or hate em :LOL:

can anyone please simply explain how to set the timer clock

set the clock to the correct time, black triangle being the set point.
pushin or pull out the small pins to set on and off times for heating as required.
flick small switch to clock/auto

Do you think the problem can be fixed by my dad who is quite handy or will i need to get a professional out?

yes it can be if he follows the instructions to the letter.

which cdi is it, rsf/bf/of?, as all the instructions are on the WB site, is yours discontinued.

Worcesters are a marmite boiler, you either love em and can fix em or hate em

LMAO, great quote Dave, will remember this when next meet a vaillant :LOL:

A nightmare to work on agreed, but not when you take the plunge.

I enjoy repairing then when I know all other local engineers turn their noses up at them.

Expansion Vessel's are easy, the divertors are a pain at times (on the 35cdi) and the diapghams need a 'bendy' screwie.

I enjoy gaskets on old Back boilers and 30 year old netaheats too.

A lot of them are older than me, but with a little bit of tlc they are reformed into the glory they were once blessed with.

I wouldn't say I 'turn my nose up' at them, more like I'm scared of them :LOL:

Glad to leave them to experts like yourself soggy, we need engineers with patience and skill ;)

I like things to be easy and quick to fix. the few worcesters I've worked on have taken me too long and I lost my patience :oops: Vowed never to fix one again. I like to be in and out as quick as I can at each job, as the bishop said to the actress :eek: :LOL: knowing it is done correctly of course ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back