26mm double glazed units???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I've just taken a glazed panel or of the bottom of a door, with a view to replacing it with a solid panel so that I can install a cat flap.
I measured the unit as 26mm thick?
I'm struggling to find any mention of 26mm units. Just 24mm and 28mm.
Is this right?
Do I just buy the 24mm and get some thicker seals?
Or since the wedge seals are already 5mm, would I be better with 28mm panel and 3mm wedge seals?
Thank you

Sponsored Links
26mm is unusual, I dont think you will find a solid panel at that size.
So yes go for 24 or 28mm and adjust your wedge gasket to suit. I would probably go 28mm and try to force the old wedge gasket in with some soapy water as the panel will compress a little.

I would say get a reinforced panel but as your putting a catflap in there is probably not much point

Hi,

I've also measured up my glass as 26mm.

I.e. the PVC unit being 62mm and the space between the plastic and glass on each side being 18mm on both sides.

Is it likely that the PVC unit is actually 60mm, meaning the glass unit is 24mm?

Should I go for 24mm, and what happens if this is smaller than the current unit, can it still be used?

Thanks!

Joe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back