28mm pipe boiler flow/return

Water always seems to be red hot, it's just the house doesnt seem to get very warm, the rads really struggle to get up to temp, I guess i need a new modern boiler.

You need to know what the problem is first. The boiler is likely to be the least of your worries.

Sponsored Links
The boiler is a great big ugly floor standing unit, I'm trying to find justification to replace it. It was probably converted from gravity to fully pumped in the past, and judging by the 15mm plastic pipe embedded under the concrete to the conservatory, I think good plumbing practice was thrown out of the window. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to live with it for the time being.
But what I can do is follow the good advice from you guys and install the CH on my top floor correctly.
What I plan to do is:
Continue 28mm pipe flow/return from boiler to 1st floor, fit 3 22mm zone valves, one for cylinder, one for ground/1st floor, and one for top floor.
Looking at doitall's fantastic installation (reminds me of a typical German domestic install !) he has a bypass fitted, is this recommended ?
Also fit a decent 7 day multiple zone controling system - can anyone recommend a manufacturer and model ?

lonspwi.

will try and post a drawing other the next few days, bit busy at the present

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back