28mm pipe boiler flow/return

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
nice price of work m8 who did you get in ;)

PIC00005.jpg

Hey I know that guy. :LOL:

I've not seen an installation as swish as that.

Was it :
1. commercial or domestic?
2. if domestic, was it for a customer?

Sponsored Links
Too posh, now everyone will want a job like that, always supsicious of pipesmokers with beards, normally turn out to be the same as Reggie Perrins son in law, squidypoos :LOL:

Domestic for the client

Posh is the name of the game, premium rates require premium quality.

Put it another way, you could do 20 plus 3 bed semis for what this is costing

:LOL: ;)

I agree, that is one neat installation doitall:cool: , I only wish I had the space to do something like that.
I notice that the system is using 2 pumps, and possibly 2 boilers, now in my case, assuming I'm opting for 22mm, would it be better to use a second pump for the 3rd floor ?
Another thing, I notice the pumps are horizontal. I thought pumps have to be mounted in a vertical plane and pumping in an upwards direction ?

Pumps can be horizontal or vertical, but shouldn't be facing down.

Depending how far your install has progressed then a 35/28mm header with 22mm zones valves controlling each floor would be an idea situation pic of a typical setup on the way, (got to change computers)

rule of thumb when sizing is 10mm = 1 rad, 15mm = 3rads, 22mm 6 rads, 28mm = 12 rads, but would also depend on the sizes.

Zones can be as many or as few as you like depending on occupancy each zone can be time and temperature controlled individually allowing full control over the system.

scruff-001.jpg

BAHCO said:
Very impressed Doitall :D

You can teach me when you are next in Wolverhampton. :D

No probs m8 anytime you have the odd 46years :LOL:

now lads we all know that a good lagger can make any job look half reasonable and as for the state of the electrics tsk tsk you pay peanuts you get monkeys :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

bripl said:
now lads we all know that a good lagger can make any job look half reasonable and as for the state of the electrics tsk tsk you pay peanuts you get monkeys :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I didn't do the sparky bits :LOL:

He did.

Back at
:
So what do I do ?
I have a house with 3 floors, size (in metres) is 7x10x8.5 plus a conservatory 10x3.5, so it seems like the 80kbtu boiler is inadequate, I would need a boiler in excess of 100kbtu going by ChrisR's calculation.

It would be worth doing the sums PROPERLY! If you're a terraced house for example the losses sideways are effectively zilch as long as the neighbours are civilised. But for a solid-walled draughty-windowed gaff you wouldn't have a lot spare for your hot water. Some cylinders are 25kW so it would make sense to time things so the HW is happy before the CH comes on in the morning.

For extra input to the house for arctic weekends, my personal fave is a nice gas fire. Not efficient, but they look nice (depending which sort), and the cats love them.

Yeah, it's quite a big house, semi, with solid walls and draughty sash windows, the upper floor is part of the roof space, so I would imagine the heat losses would be high. As it happens, some of the rooms still have existing fireplaces, I already have a real fire in the living room and gas is installed up to the upper floor, so a gas coal effect fire will be installed.

Water always seems to be red hot, it's just the house doesnt seem to get very warm, the rads really struggle to get up to temp, I guess i need a new modern boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back