2mm of the corner off the corner!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just done a feature wall. The wallpaper was just 2mm of the corner. So i put up the last wallpaper and i am not trying to stick the 2mm (about) paper on to the corner. paste is not really holding it. i may sound silly here but could super glue do it lol. Its black wall paper

trying to stick that down :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Am I right in thinking this is an 'external' corner?

Am I also right in thinking you are stopping the wallpaper at this corner?

The best way would be to trim the paper 1 mm short of the corner.

sparkwright; yes it is an external' corner. i can't trim it as it would leave a fine white line. i need it to stick around the corner..

Will try border adhesive..

Sponsored Links
Its joining on to the match of the facing wall

If your picture is anything to go by you are trying to paper all three faces of a chimney breast. That wasn't clear in your first message, and I thought you were deliberately ending the wallpaper at an external corner.

It seems poor planning has left you with a join at the external corner.

The length you are struggling with could be replaced with a narrower strip that doesn't reach the corner. Then cut another narrow length that will go from here to about an inch /inch and a half round the corner. You would struggle fitting a whole length here as the corner may not be plumb and you will have too much paper to try to work with.

If you struggle with gaps in some of the more complicated seams there is a technique of overlapping two pieces, and then trimming with a straight edge and craft knife, remove the two overlap offcuts and you should have a perfect join.

Or you could paint the wall black first where the joins will be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back