Wallpapering corners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I understand that i'm supposed to use two pieces of wallpaper to paper around a corner, not try and lay it "round" the corner as it were, but I am papering just the chimmney breast and the two coners are slightly rounded and I think it would look better with the paper going round it. Is that going to cause me problems?

Also the surface on those corners is not great - the corners themselves are rounded wooden lengths but the plaster on the edges is falling away and will probably leave air gaps under where the paper will ie if I lie accross it - is this going to cause problems as the paper dries?

Sorry if these are obvious questions but I'm a novice here!

Sponsored Links
You will need to do something with the corners, Try polyfilla, easyfill to even them up. What you see now will be worse with paper on.
Normal practice is to start central on chimmney breast and fold round corners, if your lucky it will go strait round into next corner. The rest is a long story ....

Good luck.

Before filling with Polyfiller brush pva diluted 1 part PVA and four parts water into the exposed lime mortar. This will make it tougher and will then take the Polyfiller.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back