2mm window draught

28 Sep 2011
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I've just moved into a rental property.

The problem is a couple of the windows have some draughts (they are single glassed.)

The gaps are around 2mm width. Now i bought some draught roll tape and tried that, but its too thick and prevented my window closing.

I've seen there are some rolls at 3mm width on ebay. I'm going to purchase these.

Would they be the best thing to use for such a job? Also, i've seen some stores offering secondary double glazing. its like a cling film product you put over the window.

Anyone ever used it? any ideas if its any good?

Sponsored Links
I have used the glazing film - as long as you can get a good surface for the tape to stick to, it is very good. I noticed a massive difference last year when I used it.
3mm is thicker than 2mm :confused:

But as the homes above says, the secondary glazing film is very good, just don't over shrink it or it'll pull off from the corners where it's taped and become visibly crinkled and look awful. Also, when removing the tape it'll likely peel off the paint underneath, so a quick touch up of type paint before moving out may be necessary.

Have you told the landlord that there are draughts and asked him to fix them?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links