2nd Floor Bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i'm new and hoping you guys can give me a bit of advice.

I'm putting in a new bathroom on my top floor. The house is old approx 1900 and is on three floors. Kitchen and bathroom on ground floor, living room on first floor and bedroom on 2nd floor.

The cistern is on the ground floor and the combi is on the first floor.

I have had a hell of a job running in new flexi pipe to the top floor and will have to tie it into the cistern on the ground floor.

My question is, copper pipe is out of the question and have had to run 15mm plastic to the top floor. I want a bath and shower in the new bathroom but am now worried the pipe wont have the flow for the bath. I have a small loft space above the new bathroom and could put another tank up there and then run 22mm to the bath.

Is this the way to go or will the 15mm pipe be ok?

Thanks for any help in advance,

Sponsored Links
15 mm pipe will be ok for the cold supply if you have decent mains pressure.

What hot water system do you have? :D

The water heater is a Sadia Megaflo, this is heated via the combi boiler on the 1st floor.

The cold water pressure is good as I did the old trick of running a hose pipe from my lowest tap in the house out of the loft sky-light. Loads of pressure although the people on the pavement weren't to impressed.

I'm pretty confident that the pressure would be ok on the hot water supply also. I could always test it the same way. But am more concerned about the amount of flow to service a bath and a shower. Its unlikely they would ever be needed at the same time.

thanks, D

Sponsored Links
You said combi - turns on when you run a hot tap?? Assume you meant an ordinary heat only boiler??

SOunds like your pressue is OK but the flow will be limited by the incoming mains supply. If it's old squashed half inch lead, it'll struggle a bit.
The hosepipe test works - run it at 7:30 am and try other taps and see if the supply can cope.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back