3.15A Fuse blows on control board (Ravenheat RSF 820/20)

Cheers Dan. I'm looking to source one now. Internet prices seem to be about £63 give or take a £5.

Thank the lord for good weather!

Sponsored Links
Not sure if this is the same as the pump that's fitted to the ravenheat LS80/100 but if it is, i've just removed a working one (complete boiler actually) which you could have to try before investing £60 in a new one. Will at least give you piece of mind, would sell it to you for a third of that, but obviously can't warranty it. I'm in leicester if it's suitable mate.

If Lee is in Leicester then one wonders why his profile says Derby?

Sponsored Links
Cos i haven't updated my profile.

I left the air force in june, was living in derby with my mother (that lasted for about 2 days) and then moved to my own place in leicester.

Now I'm really confused. I've just took delivery of a new pump reference the post stating part code 5009080. I'd agree with this looking at the Ravenheat website and the pdf I've downloaded.

This is the writing on the front of the pump in the boiler (the dodgy one):
Ravenheat
2,6uF - 400VDB / 230V-50Hz
III 2200 0.38A 88W
II 2000 0.27A 60W
I 1600 0.18A 40W
4506368 99/43 6
RS25/5-3
WILO

This is the writing on the pump that has just arrived:
2,6uF - 400VDB / 230V-50Hz
III 2200 0.38A 88W
II 2000 0.27A 60W
I 1600 0.18A 40W
4512716 51/04
RS15/5-3 Ku C
WILO

Not only has it got a different RS25 to RS15 the current pump seems to have a 2 inch thread (cast) and the new pump has a 1 1/4 thread (plastic).

Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers

Was this sold AND packaged as a genuine Ravenheat part?

If not then where did you buy it?

If you try to change just the head then before fitting it measure the diameter on the central hole in the impeller! Make sure they are the same !

Tony

Cheers guys. Possibly my own fault, I bought it from Ebay. I didn't think I could go wrong because it was listed as the same part code. It turns out that it was out of a different model boiler but looking at the manual the code is the same. I think that makes it the correctly sold part at least.

Looking in screwfix the fittings on them all is 1 1/2 inch so nothing like either the new or old pump. I didn't expect a pump change to be this complicated.

I think I'm going to sleep in it and possibly call Ravenheat tomorrow. The idea of swapping the head is appealing. I would expect from the (III 2200 0.38A 88W, II 2000 0.27A 60W, I 1600 0.18A 40W) specs that the pump will be the correct power. Like you say I will just have to check the diameter. I guess this would mean that I'm not replacing all the moving parts though?

If the heads are compatable then all the moving parts will be changed.

It always amazes me what people will buy from eBay thinking they are saving money. What was the auction number?

sg1009 said:
Cheers guys. Possibly my own fault, I bought it from Ebay. I didn't think I could go wrong because it was listed as the same part code. It turns out that it was out of a different model boiler but looking at the manual the code is the same. I think that makes it the correctly sold part at least.

This is a prime example of thinking you are saving money when in reality you are buying something which will probably turn out to be useless.

The dreadful thing is that in all probability the seller set it up to seem to be something more valuable than it is!

Many later boiler pumps have 1" flanges so thats an obvious give away!

Tony

I just replaced the pump head in the end. The centre diameter of the pump impeller suction eye was an exact match. The outer diameter of the disc was 4mm (diameter) smaller but this had room around the old one too.

Ravenheat were rather helpful by the way, they confirmed the partcode was correct but didn't comment on the one I bought other than it must have been out of a newer boiler.

Thank you for you help everyone.

Live and learn, live and learn.

BTW. Does anywhere take the old ones in for recycling or reconditioning?

I just replaced the pump head in the end. The centre diameter of the pump impeller suction eye was an exact match. The outer diameter of the disc was 4mm (diameter) smaller but this had room around the old one too.

Ravenheat were rather helpful by the way, they confirmed the partcode was correct but didn't comment on the one I bought other than it must have been out of a newer boiler.

Hello Steve sg1009 how did you fix your ravenheat amp problem in the end please?

i have the same problem now?

Hello Steve sg1009 how did you fix your ravenheat amp problem in the end please?

i have the same problem now?

Hi Pinonze,

What is it you want to know? I replaced the pump + fuse and it's been working ever since just fine.

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back