3/4 inch to 8mm trv change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, ive just been up to my rental property to an old radiator thats not heating up. I suspect the trv is faulty and tried to replace with a screwfix one, however it is 15 x 15mm. Can someome tell me if I can purchase a straight replacement for this valve to save changing the radiator or having to amend the pipework? I know that it could do with new radiators etc, however I cannot get in to upgrade it whilst the tenant is living there. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20171204_153303.jpg
    20171204_153303.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 86
Sponsored Links
Thanks Terry. I removed the head and the pin seems free, infact i could pull it out in my hand? I just thought if I could replace the valve it would rule it out. We had the trv off and with the head fully open we were struggling to blow tgrough it. The radiator is slightly heating but very little, almost like a restricted flow?

I am wondering if this would be a straight replacement. Im sure the inlet that accepts the 8mm pipe and fitting was stamped 1/2 " so with the correct head would this be suitable? I cannot see if its a 3/4 to 3/4, so if it was would i just use a reducer on the inlet? Thanks again

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171204-172108.png
    Screenshot_20171204-172108.png
    174 KB · Views: 67
Sponsored Links
The pin in the gland might be moving.......But is the bit that it presses on ??

Try tapping the valve body repeatedly.

Or try removing the gland and pin and then jiggling the plunger with a very slim driver.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back