3/4in to 10mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, I've got 10mm rad pipe in my bathroom and want to fit an old victorian towel radiator which takes 3/4in pipe. I've can't find any pipe reducers to do this. Has anyone else attempted this and have any advise?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I presume your radiator has a 3/4" BSP female thread.

You will need a 10mm x 1/2" male compression adaptor with a 3/4" x 1/2" bush.
products_315_1660184166majki-rakor_web.jpg
brass%20bush.jpg

Both should be available from a local merchant, or at least the 2 fittings in other sizes to make up a 10mm x 3/4" BSP male adaptor.

DOH! It's a towel radiator so will need a valve.

Use the bush in the rad and fit a 10mm x 1/2" rad valve.

Or, if you need to extend the pipework, most merchants should be able to supply you with a 15 x 10mm reduced coupler, then extend in 15mm copper and fit the bush and a 15mm x 1/2" rad valve.

Sponsored Links
It has a valve with it, 1" female in the rad so the valve is 1" at the rad end and 3/4" at the pipe end, it's the same at both inlet and outlet. I could look to stack on reducers but it will look messy. I think I just need to either look for a valve which screws into a 1" rad with a 10mm pipe end, or go from 1" to 15mm, then 15mm to 10mm.

I would have thought there would be a market for retro fitting old rads to modern central heating piping in one go.

It has a valve with it, 1" female in the rad so the valve is 1" at the rad end and 3/4" at the pipe end
Hmmm, unusual. Rad valves are usually equal connections. 1/2" x 1/2" - 15mm x 1/2" etc.

a valve which screws into a 1" rad with a 10mm pipe end
No such beast, unless someone knows otherwise.

If the valves are serviceable, I revert to my original suggestion, if the female end of the valve is 3/4" BSP.
1" rad valves are few and far between. Pegler have stopped doing their 1" Belmont valves that have been around since the Romans invented central heating. Well, almost as long.

Thanks for your advise Charnwood. I've solved with a 3/4 to 15mm coupler then a 15mm to 10mm soldered reducer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back