3 Extractor Fans Banging / Rattling - Can you buy covers ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm a newbie so do apologise if this has already been answered (I did search but couldn't find anything to help me).

6 Weeks ago moved into my new house which is quite isolated, on both sides of the house are extractor fans (kitchen, bathroom and en-suite) and due to the fabulous windy weather we get in Lancashire are going mad by the constant banging / rattling from the fans (have tried shutting doors, internally covering the fan covers with pillows - all to no avail, the things are SO noisy!

Does anyone know if you can buy covers / box to cover the fans externally but still allow them to function - or does anyone have a solution for me - any suggestions gratefully received!!! Thanks :?: :?: :confused:

Sponsored Links
you could try these,although I have seen them cheaper elsewhere

I have fitted mine with a Mushroom Vent Cowland which is for soil vent and not has any problem
70565.jpg

I live in an exposed coastal area and use these cowls. The slanting outer keeps the rain off and reduces wind buffeting, and they have a single swinging flap inside.
p1849536_l.jpg

I fix them with brass screws which do not rust and can be undone after years of exposure.

They are usually available in brown, grey and white. You can paint the outside (one coat of non-drip gloss) if you feel the need.

There are also things like little venetian blinds, which rattle annoyingly and fall off in strong wind. Avoid them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back