3 port valve - Pipe Sizes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a vented fully pumped system, using a 3 port divertor valve, there seems to be plenty of heat in the pipe going to the hot water tank (120L tank) and the radiators are very hot to touch. However the hot water takes 2 hours or more to heat from cold, I don't think that this is how it should be.

I am wondering if there is something wrong with the set-up, it is 22mm to the divertor and going to the radiators, but the hot water tank feed and return are 15mm. Is this correct and does this provide enough flow? What else could cause the tank to take so long to heat up.

Thanks
Andrew

Sponsored Links
its not ideal, but perfectly normal to see this. but it is a lot easier for it to get blocked. check the flow and returns with a magnet.

Should I be checking along with full length of both? I recently replaced the 3 port valve and the inside of the flow pipe at that end was coated with sludge. Could it just be a narrowing of the pipe, because the whole length is coated in the sludge?

Thanks
Andrew

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back