3-story stairs - dark woodstain to white paint Arrrrggh!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Probably asking a daft question.... but here goes. ;)

Have a quote accepted to paint hall, 2-landings, stair rods and rails of three story terrace. All woodwork currently dark wood stain. Wants it all painted white! I expect to have to rub, apply 2-undercoats and 2-topcoats of chosen Satinwood before it looks anywhere near good! Wasn't far wrong when doing another room for the customer - with some corners of architraves and beading requiring a 5th local touch-up!

Using Dulux trade undercoat and Satinwood.

Any recommendations for making the job easier\quicker?

Would a primer be a better 1st coat rather than an undercoat?

Other than that, I only have my radio and headphones to stop me being driven mad by seeing each of those stair rods four times! The hall has loadsa stained T&G as well!

Cheers,
Neil :eek:

Sponsored Links
Neil

Satinwood is self undercoating and you may get away with two coats as opposed to three.

Dec

Also when you sand back the surface take care not to breakthrough the stain it is acting as a knotting agent

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back