3 switches on a swith

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - Novice asking a question so will give as much info as possible but, jst let me know if not enough.

In my kitchen there are 6 spotlights - controlled by a switch that has 3 switches on it - the spotlights operate in pairs - 1 switch per pair.

I have purchase a replacement switch for the exisitng one which was abit battered but in my haste to get the new one on, didn't make a note of the original wiring when taking it off - doh !!

The new switch has L1, L2, Com, L1, L2 on the bottom and then Com, L1, L2, Com on the top.

In terms of wires - I only have a red/black and then 2 further red (individually).

2 - questions - have I got the right switch ? and second, how do I wire it ? - pref with diagram !

Thanks

:( :( :( :(

Sponsored Links
Ok, Could be anything, but lets try this first......

Red from two core cable connected to ALL coms. Use two small link wires to achieve this.

Black to one of the L1's, one of the single reds to another L1, and the remainder single red to the remainder L1.

I am 80% confident this will work. If id doesn't, it is a matter of changing the core that links with all the coms for a different core and trying again.

If the switches dont work in the correct order, change the L1's around until they do (the L1's are in order on the back, but we don't know which of the black or two single reds do which pair of lights yet.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back