3 way gang circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am re wiring a 3 way gang to 3 spot lights and the wiring was already disconnected. i need to know which cable where and also which cable to which cable into a 4 way junction box.

Sponsored Links
Hi Kippa.
:LOL:
I think we might need a little more info maybe :eek: !

Number of cables etc , and where the cables are run 'from' and 'to', and more about the 'joint box' may be a start.

Cheers

Ed

ps Do you have a multimeter ?

Hi Ed,

I have supply into 4 way junction box, from here i have 3 spots individual wired, two wires to the 3 way gang switch + one other to a single switch, which if need i can isolate. All cables are twin and earth. All need to go through junction box, no multi meter with me but cables can be traced under the flooring.

Sponsored Links
Kippa,
So you will have 1 x feed to the switch, and the remaining 3 conductors are your 3 x 'switch lines' (which will connect to your lights), also picking the neutral up at the 'jb', along with connecting all the earths up too. (everywhere) !!

Check out the wikki thing, there are diagrams there.

(Hope this helps, and make sure circ is dead b4 working ;) ).

Ed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back