? 3 way valve problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a convential boiler heating hot water and 11 rads. 2 weeks ago I had a power flush, the ch had only been run once during the summer when I topped up the system with inhibitor (waste of time, sludge already doing its dirty work) Only had the heating on since powerflush when weather got a bit cooler. I normally put the hot water to come on twice a day for about 20-30 mins a time and find this usually sufficient for our needs. Since the power flush I have noticed that the water is very hot all day. Checked the pipes in the airing cupboard upstairs and when hot water is off and ch on the pipe going to the storage tank is very hot. I think that the Honeywell 3 way valve might be sticking. When hot water only is on the rads do not get hot though. I switched off the power to the ch controls and moved the valve lever across to manual and it moved back to auto alright.
Could the valve be at fault? It was changed just over 4 years ago when the last one packed in. I am hoping, if it is the valve, that I do not need the system draining down as It has only just been filled with inhibitor.
Can anybody advise me what to do next.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back