30 Degree Led Flashing - Baxi Main HE30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

I am on here because the engineer we used is trying to sell me a filter, a power flush and he has already replaced the pump. He then changed his mind about his advise. I want to call in a new gas fitter, but I want to be armed with some knowledge, so I don't get ripped off twice.

I have read about the condensate chamber being clear, and it is (Checked by the engineer). He didn't check or replace the other things that the manual suggested, the flame sensing electrode or the PCB.

The symptoms are a bit strange though. The hot water works fine after resetting the boiler.

We have to run the hot water for the heating to start. The sequence to start the heating is to run the hot water, then reset the boiler with the heating temp turned up. The ignition sequence then runs through, you can then turn the water on and off as much as you like without affecting the heating.

We get around 30 mins to an hour of heating then it turns off and the 30 degree light starts flashing again.

We can start the heating again running through the same procedure, but I will only last a few minutes. If we leave it for an hour or two, we then go through the same process and it will run for 30 mins to an hour. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nathan

Sponsored Links
i had a similar issue after adding a radiator. The boiler would try to fire up but would stop after about 7 seconds. Red 30 degree light flashing.

What resolved this was repeatedly trying to turn the heating on. (Having the heating set to come on and resetting the boiler when the red light comes on).

I think it was possibly air in the system. It took about 15 mins of repeatedly doing this.

Bleeding any air out would be a quick and easy first job. Check yr handbook, see if there is a user-accessible vent on the actual boiler.
Installing a filter is a good idea, powerflush not so sure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back