32mm or 25MM MDPE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Everyone

I currently have an incoming lead water main up to my internal stopcock, after the stop cock I have what appears to be 25mm mdpe running to my loft where it splits off into 22mm to feed my unvented cylinder.

Is there any advantage in terms of flow rate for my cylinder pressure etc if I replace the lead mains with 32mm mdpe instead of 25mm mdpe.

Or should I just use 25mm mdpe.

The run of the lead pipe is about 8meters, the run of the internal 25mm is about 10-15m.

Once the lead enters the property it goes under my living floor boards between the joists, would I need to lay the new mdpe in ducting even inside my house? Would insulation also be required?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
You dont say the lead size!

Replacing it will effect a considerable improvement and best in 32 mm too.

Has to be insulated in unheated areas like underfloor and lofts!

Tony

Thanks for your reply

As I was pulling the pipe through its gotten a little scratched, nothing too deep but minor surface blemishes that you can feel.

Is this going to effect any joints I make?

What woud you suggest I do about this if it is an issue, this is on the internal runs, it is going to be put in ducting on the outside of the property.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
You should always protect plastic pipe from scratches which can make joints leak.

I have not done it but perhaps very fine emery paper might solve the problem.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back